Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chocolate Macaroons

I wanted to make dessert to bring with me to lunch tomorrow.  I'm really trying to get back on the healthy eating bandwagon, so I decided to make macaroons so I wouldn't eat any.  They are very good, according to Matt!

1 pkg. (14 oz.) BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut (5-1/3 cups)
2/3 cup sugar
6 Tbsp. flour    I used part cocoa powder, part flour
1/4 tsp. salt
4 egg whites    I used egg whites from the carton
1tsp. almond extract

PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Grease and flour baking sheets; set aside. Combine coconut, sugar, flour and salt in large bowl. Stir in egg whites and almond extract until well blended.
 DROP coconut mixture into 36 mounds, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets, using about 1 tablespoonful of the coconut mixture for each mound.
BAKE 20 min. or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 1 week.

Website 

No comments:

Post a Comment