Sunday, March 17, 2013

3.18.13

Last week's recap: We ate out last week.  Twice.  Not hideous choices (we went to Lime - I had two steak tacos and Matt had a burrito and Big Ed's on Saturday - YUM!)  The Crockpot Orange Beef stew did NOT work out for me.  I brought some of it for lunch the next day, but the rest saw the trash can!

 
Matt got catfish and eggs from Big Ed's - delicious!  Q and I "shared" a plate-sized pancakes and some other breakfast standards.

Crab rangoons worked out well - I'll add a picture as soon as I commandeer Matt's phone!  I also made egg roll wontons for Q, since she's got the dairy/seafood allergies going on.  I cooked some green onions, peppers, and carrots until soft, then added shredded cabbage to the pan.  I mixed together some chicken broth, sugar, and soy sauce and cooked it until the cabbage was cooked down and "egg roll filling" texture.  I let it cool while I made the crab rangoons, and then just made very unfancy triangle wontons with the egg roll filling.  Q liked them!
 
We also decided to go Irish today and make corned beef and cabbage - just put it in the crock pot!  Super excited.  We have some extra tomatoes, so we might try this as a "healthy side"!
 

New Goal: 1 or fewer meals out/week
Previous Goal: 1 salad/week; 1 meatless meal/week

Breakfast: Homemade breakfast sandwiches, smoothies, oatmeal, frozen baked goods, yogurt parfaits
Lunch: Leftovers, extra protein
Dinner Meal Plan:
3/18 M:(Late night at work) Korean beef, rice, sugar snap peas
I got the Korean beef recipe from the internet, but I have no idea where!  It's ground beef - I batch cooked a bunch and froze it, reheated with 1/3 c. brown sugar, 1/4 c. soy, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper.  It's delicious!!!
3/19 T: Salmon (maybe with some Korean beef sauce!), package noodles (pantry clean out), green beans
3/20 W: Salad day
3/21 Th: Meatless Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches, soup
3/22 F: On the road meal
3/23 and 3/24 S/S: In NJ with my parents - who knows what we will be eating!  I'm sure it will include Wawa hoagies and Chinese food from The Orient!

Matt and I took Monday off to recover!

I think I'm going to try this over track out.  We'll see how much I enjoy cooking that much food in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment