Friday, March 8, 2013

Healthy breakfast and unhealthy dessert!

We have a busy weekend ahead - puppets, babies, dinners, springing forward - just more reason why we need 3 day weekends every weekend!

I looked long and hard yesterday for a healthy overnight French toast recipe.  I finally found one here!  With everything going on, I don't think I'll be motivated enough to make the syrup, but I would love to another time.

We are having friends over on Sunday night, and I'm making a big ol' pot of red sauce (gravy - as Ma Pettit would call it) with homemade meatballs (I use a ground beef/sausage combo), chicken, and beef on the bone.  For dessert, I figured it was still chilly enough to eat something heavy and rich and chocolately, but there will be a bunch of kids at dinner who might not want all of that, so I came up with this!  I'm drooling just thinking about it!  I will hopefully have enough leftover cookies so that the kids can enjoy them solo and the adults can enjoy the tart!  mmmm....cookie tart...

No comments:

Post a Comment