Saturday, March 2, 2013

Trying to get it all together...sigh.

It's been a long time, hasn't it???  Ever since we moved into our new house, I put my laptop downstairs, and I got an iPhone, computer time has been greatly reduced.  Plus, having a very active 20 month old adds to the mix.

I think I'm going to try to use this blog as a way for me to keep my "stuffs" straight - that was its original intention...and we all know about good intentions...

Matt and I are trying to make some changes to eat better, move more, and set a good example for Quinn.  If I put this all in print, I may feel a tinge more accountable.  Emphasis on MAY.

We are trying to make one change each week - little changes, big changes (giving up Diet Coke will be the LAST change!).  Overall, we are trying to eat more real food and exercise more.  In the process, we would both like to lose weight...but I don't feel that my ultimate goal right now is weight loss.  Too many times I have started this journey with that as my ultimate goal, only to find failure.  Hopefully, it will come with the changes that we make...

Our change for this week: eating at least one salad for dinner per week.  We will add to these changes, so by the end, we will be healthy and skinny and wonderful, right???  This is not "do it for one week and then forget it", although that would be much easier!

We are also trying to do all of this on a budget - never ending funness!

Week of March 4-March 10
Goal: Add one salad for dinner/week
 Meal Plan:
Breakfasts - oatmeal, frozen muffins/breads, yogurt parfaits
Lunches - leftovers (hopefully), soup (finishing up the canned soup stockpile), PB&J
Dinners - (cleaning out some of the "crap" lying around!)
3/4 M - Chicken nuggets (store-bought), sweet potato fries (store-bought), frozen veg - late night at work!
3/5 T - Tequila Lime Flank Steak Salad, black beans
3/6 W - Homemade pizza (store-bought crust), salad
3/7 Th - Sesame chicken (Campbell's simmer sauce), rice, roasted broccoli
3/8 F - Salmon, potatoes, veg
3/9 S - Freezer enchiladas Mushroom stroganoff, veg
3/10 S - Lemon chicken (whole, roasted), couscous, roasted carrots

Anyone have any suggestions for quick, healthy sides??

No comments:

Post a Comment